Waste management, the set of technical, administrative and financial activities for the collection, transport, treatment, recovery and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
The management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste must be carried out by duly licensed companies, such as ECODEAL and our partners, in the right way to prevent or reduce the environmental impacts of waste.Hazardous and non-hazardous waste result mainly from industrial activities. It is wise to think of all the waste generated in a particular industry from a global/integrated management perspective.
The handling, storage and inadequate management of waste can pose dangers to our health and environment. Solutions need to be adopted for the integrated management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, so that it is possible to reduce the amount of waste produced and ensure that the waste is managed in a proper, controlled and safe way.
The producer and/or holder of waste is responsible for the conscious selection of duly licensed entities for this purpose, which have not only infrastructure but also human resources with specialised training in order to respect the management and waste hierarchy.
THE INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL WASTE
The management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste is a common task for all Portuguese and international industries. It should be a comprehensive task that invariably involves the combination of several solutions when we think of the waste destination.
We promote among our customers not only the overall management of waste but also the integrated management of waste.
ECODEAL is the result of experienced shareholders and the fact that it has operated a CIRVER since 2008. This makes us specialists in industrial waste management, offering our customers an integrated solution that combines various aspects that should be taken into consideration when it comes to waste management:
- Collection and/or transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste;
- Supply of equipment for proper packaging of waste;
- Supply of labels that allow all waste to be identified at their customers' waste facilities;
- Temporary storage of industrial waste;
- Recovery and treatment of industrial waste;
- Industrial cleaning;
- Management of our customers’ waste parks, placing specialised experts with specific training at our customers’ facilities;
- Specialised monitoring and customised technical support;
ECODEAL collects and transports hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste and provides equipment for the packaging of waste, among others.
Our integrated and specialised management ensures that the waste produced by our customers is in good “hands”. The waste is handled by specialised experts to promote safety and eliminate potential problems resulting from said handling. We carefully ensure that the destination of the waste is the most appropriate in accordance with the waste management hierarchy.
In Portugal, the ECODEAL CIRVER – Integrated Centre for the Recovery and Disposal of Hazardous Waste is a specialised unit duly licensed for this purpose under Decree-Law no. 3/2004 of January the 3rd, allowing this type of management.
So if you are looking for an integrated waste management solution as well as a company specialised in the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste, please contact us. We have the infrastructure, skills and experience necessary to provide you with the help you need.
- Soils and oils contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB's);
- Transformers and capacitors contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB's);
- Halogenated and non-halogenated solvents;
- Laboratory reagents;
- Off-specification batches;
- Waste from the production and removal of paint and varnish;
- Contaminated packaging: jerricanes, drums, 1m3 containers;
- Metal packages;
- Plastic packages;
- Oily water;
- Waste with hydrocarbons;
- Washing liquids;
- Waste from oil/water separators;
- Laboratory effluent;
- Liquid waste contaminated with chromium;
- Liquid waste contaminated with heavy metals;
- Liquid waste contaminated with cyanides;
- Acids and pickling bases;
- Electroplating baths;
- Fixing and revelation baths;
- Dampening water;
- Phosphatising waters
- Oily sludge;
- Press filter sludge;
- Soil and sand contaminated with heavy metals;
- WTP and WWTP sludge;
- Fly ash;
- Pickling sands;
- Solid waste from the removal of paint and varnish;
- Soils and rocks contaminated with hydrocarbons;
- Sands and clays contaminated with hydrocarbons;
- Stabilised sludge;
- Bituminous mixtures;
- Waste containing asbestos.