This unit is located in a 2880m2 warehouse and consists of: an enclosed area for storing equipment with polychlorinated biphenyls, an area for unloading trucks, a storage area and several platforms for loading and unloading tankers.
The purpose of this unit is to serve as temporary storage and to allow the reconditioning of waste for later shipment to final authorized destination and/or internal routing within the facility to other units that are "customers" of the Classification, Screening and Transfer Unit.
Type of waste managed at the Classification, Screening and Transfer Unit:
- Oils and soils contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB´s);
- Transformers and capacitors contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB´s);
- Halogenated and non-halogenated solvents;
- Laboratory reagents;
- Off-specification batches;
- Waste production and removal of paint and varnish;
Capacity licensed under L.A.(Environmental Licence) no. 31/2006
Amount of waste managed in 2015
1) The referred capacity could be increased when the resolution of environmental liabilities or other specific, non inventoried situations are concerned.